Monday, December 10, 2012

Review with Look - Sleek Supreme

This is the second part of the Sleek 'Shangri'la' collection review. The 'Shangri'la' collection is priced at €25, and also contains the 'Respect' palette and two 'Truley Mattely Deeply' lip colours. The limited edition 'Supreme' palette is also available alone at the price of €10. This is what it looks like:





Like the 'Respect' palette, the 'Supreme' palette also has fancy gold writing on the front. The shadows in this palette have quite a different colour scheme to its sister palette.



As you can see there are a good few shades of blue in here, along with a number of green and neutral tones. The shades that stand out most to me are the darkest blue and the dark yellow. Here are some swatches:


Blue Suede, R&B, Bronx Black, P-Funk, Grand Master Flash, Wah Wah White


LA Belle Blue, Smokey Robinson, Al Green, Delfonic, Commodores Cream, Shangrilas Lemon
The top row has strong, bright, bold colours, while the bottom row has some lighter colours, with some pastel shades. They're mainly matte and satin shadows, with just one shimmery shade, 'Wah Wah White'. The shadows are very soft, and apply nicely. Pale shadows look so weak swatched on my skin. I'm sorry, they just blend in well. The barely visible 'Smokey Robinson' is a nice pale matte grey, in case you were wondering. 'Wah Wah White' is whiter than it looks in this picture too. Here's the look I created:



It makes me think of Wolverine! I photographed my left eye for a change. Please excuse the scar. Actually it's because I messed up the liner on my right eye and then the bulb blew on my No 7 illuminating mirror, making it too dark to see what I was doing. This one looked better anyway. For this cut crease look, I defined above the crease with Urban Decay's 'Mainline' pencil from the 24/7 Glide-On Smoked pencil set. I smudged that out and added 'R&B' just above it. I blended this up towards the brow with 'LA Belle Blue'. I also used 'Mainline' on the waterline. On the upper and lower lid I placed 'Grand Master Flash', and highlighted the brow bone and inner corner with 'Wah Wah White'. I smudged Urban Decay's 'Zero' pencil along the outer part of the lower lid. I finished the look by lining the upper lid, adding mascara and filling in the eyebrow.
I like this palette, it's great. As much as I liked the 'Respect' palette, I prefer this one. I can see myself using this one more, but we'll see what happens! Using both palettes together is going to be good too. I'll leave you with more pictures and a product list.






Products used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NXY White Base
Sleek 'Supreme' Palette - R&B, LA Belle Blue, Grand Master Flash, Wah Wah White
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencils - Mainline, Zero
No 7 Stay Perfect Liquid Liner - Black
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Essence Eyebrow Designer - Brown

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love that chartreuse, and the look is gorgeous! I wish sleek was more readily available where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Yeah Sleek have some awesome stuff. I have a ton of i-Divine palettes now, they're so cheap I can't resist them :)
      I can't get Sleek in stores where I live but when I order it from their site it arrives quite fast.

      Delete
  2. Wow, love the look, and your blog too, I follow! :)


    http://mymakeupcompulsion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I checked out your blog too and followed you back! <3

      Delete
  3. absolutely gorgeous look :) i just reviewed another sleek palette!

    ReplyDelete