Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review with Look - Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio

Hello! Sorry it's been almost a week again, I was sick and I couldn't show anyone the horros of my face :( I heard good things about the Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trios so I decided I'd pick one up. The one I got is called 'MordorĂ© Chic', and was priced at around €10. I normally dodge Bourjois products like the plague since I've always been disappointed whenever I've picked anything of theirs up before, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt this time. Here's what it looks like:

The packaging is super cute, I love it. It's very portable, small enough to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. Check out the swatches:



There's a look idea illustration on the back too. Normally when I do a smoky eye I'll use the medium shade on the lid and the darker shade to blend out, but this look idea has the dark colour on the lid so I decided I'd try it that way. 



I lined the upper lash line with black kohl pencil and smudged it out to darken the look a bit more. These shadows are nice to work with, they blend nicely and the colour payoff is decent. My favourite one is the dark brown. I think using the medium shade to blend out with looks nice, but it doesn't make the look all that smokey. I much prefer the more common method of blending out with a darker colour. Bourjois claim that this shadow will last up to eight hours, and it certainly did with the help of Too Faced Shadow Insurance. You definitely need a primer in general, but with Bourjois shadows I find the colour payoff especially weak without one. I like this trio, I think it's really nice and I would buy it again. It would make a great stocking filler for a friend at Christmas too! I'll leave you with a couple more photos of the look and a product list. See you soon!



Products used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Bourjois Smokey Eyes Trio - Mordoré Chic
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil - Zero
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil - Brown

2 comments:

  1. You really did a great job with this palette! I love how the browns/gold look on you. I just came across your blog, by the way, and you have a lot of great color combinations and looks =)

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks a lot <3 I saw that you followed me yesterday and I checked out your profile and followed you back :D You have so many awesome looks! I like how you work with a lot of different colours. I saw a look with some MAC blues that you did, that one was my favourite :3

      Delete