Thursday, January 10, 2013

Makeup Geek Holiday Bundle review with look!

Hey! I got a gift you guys*! The crew at Makeup Geek asked me to choose nine shadows from their store to do some looks with, and I chose the Holiday Bundle. I'd been eyeing it in their store for ages, I was delighted when they asked me!! I'm super excited to try these shadows, I've been watching MUG videos for some time now and Marlena and Co. create some really awesome looks with them. I actually received these a while back, but I wanted to get a Z-Palette to photograph them in. Here's the Holiday Bundle in my cute new zebra print Z-Palette, and some swatches:
Still plenty of space left for more MUG shadows :3
Top Row: Preppy, Beaches & Cream, Gold Digger
Middle Row: Country Girl, Envy, Pixie Dust
Bottom Row: Mocha, Dirty Martini, Bitten
Swatched over TFSI
There are four shimmery shades and five matte in this collection. All these colours are beautiful! My favourite shades are are Gold Digger, Envy and Bitten. They're soft and have great pigmentation, and it was really hard to choose which shades to do a look with!


I decided to use Pixie Dust in the inner third of the eye. I love this colour so much, it's a beautiful vibrant chartreuse. In the center I placed Dirty Martini, and put Envy on top of that for more shimmer. On the outer third I used Bitten, and deepened it more with Mocha. I blended up toward the brow with Preppy and highlighted the brow with Beaches & Cream. I mirrored the eyeshadow on the lower lid and water line. I got the shadows to stick to the waterline by using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.

I think this look came out great! The MUG shadows are soft and easy to blend, and I plan to pick up more when I have the funds! There are fifty-six shades available at the MUG Store in pans like I have or compacts. I would happily recommend these shadows to anyone! They're certainly among the best shadows in my collection. Here are some more shots of the makeup and a product list. Thanks for reading! >_^




Products Used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
MUG Shadows - Pixie Dust, Dirty Martini, Envy, Bitten, Mocha, Preppy, Beaches & Cream
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
No7 Stay Perfect liquid liner
Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara
Essence Eyebrow Designer - Brown


*Even though I got this stuff for free, I'd tell you if it was bad.

4 comments:

  1. Pixie dust an envy are absolutely gorgeous! And the look you created is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovey <3 I'm crazy about Pixie Dust!! I really want to use it with some purples :O

      Delete