All polishes are Essence apart from the glitter polish which is from Revlon. Here's a rundown:
- Galactic Black - Black with subtle silver shimmer.
- White Tip Painter - This is the only white I own and I've never even done a French manicure. I will though, I promise!
- Sleepy from the Snow White collection - A pale greenish blue with blue pearl.
- Let's Get Lost - My favourite bright blue and the reason I started using base coats, it stains so bad!
- Ultimate Pink - The name says it all.
- Break Through - Lovely plum shade.
- Passion for Fashion - Violet.
- Revlon's Stunning - Clear based polish with silver glitter reflecting multicoloured, irregular sized circular and hex glitter.
The basic idea is that you sponge colours over a black base, and work some glitter in to represent stars and planets. I used a cut up kitchen sponge because I had no cosmetic sponges, and I think it worked just as well. Revlon's Stunning is the perfect glitter for this manicure because of the different sized particles. They make for great stars in your miniature fingernail galaxies! I did a fair bit of searching for a polish exactly like this for this manicure, I was so happy when I came across Stunning. Another good glitter for this I've seen used by others is NYC's Starry Silver Glitter.
I really like how my nails came out! I'd like to do it again and try different colour combinations. I took a few pictures in a few different lighting conditions. It's hard to capture how cool this manicure looks in real life!
I will most definitely be dabbling more in nail art, I had a lot of fun with this. I'd like to do some gradient manicures too, the ones I see on other blogs look beautiful! We'll see what's to come ^_^